Things I Find Interesting
These are all things that happened on this day, October 12th, throughout music history:
- 1957 - Little Richard tossed four diamond rings into the Hunter River in Sydney, Australia, to prove that he was giving up rock-n-roll for his faith in God. He returned to music five years later.
- 1968 - The Jimi Hendrix Experience was formed in London.
- 1978 - Sid Vicious (Sex Pistols) was arrested for the murder of his girlfriend, Nancy Spungen. Spungen had been found dead with several knife wounds to her abdominal area. Vicious died of a heroin overdose before his murder trial began.
- 1985 - Ricky Wilson, of the B-52's, died of complication of AIDS at the age of 32.
- 1991 - Nirvana's album, "Nevermind" was certified gold by the RIAA.
- 1996 - "The Rolling Stones Rock and Roll Circus", the film documentary, was released. The work had been filmed in December 1968.
- 1997 - John Denver was killed when the plane he was piloting crashed into Monterey Bay, CA. He was 53 years old. (All of this info found on On This Day.com).
That is crazy that all of those insane things happened on THIS day in history. I am kind of excited to check out what happened in music history on my birthday (December 22).
Check it out, the site is neat.