And The Award For Most Grateful Goes To...
Because Ally over at Tales Of A Fourth Grade Nothing (I believe we were meant to be with that title. I was a Judy Blume FREAK in elementary school), has handed me such a lovely delectable, yummy award. It's the Happy 101 Award!
If you haven't already checked her out, you need to. She is such a a lovely writer and PERSON, and I enjoy reading her blog daily. Inspiring and fun, honest and heartfelt, she does not disappoint whether she is tugging on your heart strings or tickling your funny bone. Love her! Thank you from the bottom of my heart Ally!
And not to be outdone in greatness, Lisa Marie over at The Domestication of A Party Girl honoured me with the same award! Wow! This girl is my sister-from-another-mister, and her blog is so INTERESTING, always. I am blown away by her writing, not only the style but the content. I feel like I am sitting at her kitchen table drinking a warm cup of caramel-flavored coffee with her when I read her blog. She never fails to keep me hooked. Thank you Lisa Marie!
So, along with this award comes the great responsibility of awarding it to ten others. This part is easy. But first I must list ten things that make me happy. Here they are:
1. Dave- the love of my life, my partner, my teammate. I am an independent woman ladies and gentlemen, but everything really is better when he is around.
2. My kitties- I have three, and they are all different. I love each of them equally for their different personalities, and when we all go to bed together at the same time every night, it's like one big, happy family. One very furry, sprawled out, happy family.
3. Books- If someone told me tomorrow that books were soon to be obsolete, I would cry a thousand tears. No, more than that. Enough to drown the world. They are like a warm shoulder. Definitely got me through many, MANY years of my life where I was too much of a 'nerd' to have any friends. My books were my friends back then, and my oldest friends now.
4. Writing- I went through a few years where I didn't write. And then when I started again it felt like I was waking up from a dark sleep. Something I now do everyday, and couldn't live without doing just that.
5. Video games- I am surprised that this only made number 5 on the list. I don't get to play enough. My dream is to be the guy from South Park: The WOW episode.
6. Over-stuffed couches- What's to explain? The more pillows the better, and there really has to be a ratio of sinkage you know? Like a sinkage to me ratio would look like 20,000:1.
7. Food- Since we need it to survive (TECHNICALLY speaking), I figured I would enjoy it. I spent the first 25 years of my life being lazy to the point of loathing having to chew, and I am glad that has changed. Food is delicious!
8. MacBook Pro- Yeah, I am not sure why this is so far down the list. I would hog tie a person if they came near mine with any sudden movements. I make people wash their hands before they touch it. I am not kidding.
9. My family and friends- Obviously obvious. My love is too much to write about here.
10. Having my own two feet to walk me everywhere- It seems silly I know, but I really am grateful that I am able to walk everywhere. I hope this seemingly simple motor skill that we take for granted never leaves me. Even when I am 100 years old. It makes me happy!
And there you have it! And now my list of ten ridiculously awesome bloggers I wish to award tonight, in no particular order:
1. Mimi Charmante- Her blog is beautiful. A much needed breath of fresh air whenever I am visiting. She is beautiful. And her writing will do nothing but inspire you. What are you waiting for?
2. A Nut in a Nutshell- blueviolet makes me laugh, makes me think, and always has THE COOLEST contests and giveaways. I am not kidding. She makes it easy to love her. Check her out!
3. IndigoWrath- It's not a secret how much I love this guy's blog. His writing style is unlike ANYTHING you will ever come across and I love it. Totally has my sense of humour written all over it. Well, maybe a little more sophisticated than me. A wonderful read always!
4. Jen's Voices- Jen makes me LAAUUGH. I am talking holding your stomach, bent over double, laughter. Her writing is genius. I cannot tell you enough to pay her a visit.
5. The Butterfly Effect- I LOVE her. An old friend, a lovely friend, she is a true writer. I love her words, I love her style, I love her honesty. A newer blogger, so let's all go over and give her a friendly welcome to the blogosphere!
6. This Train of Thought Has Been Derailed- How many times can I write 'Love' on this page in reference to Kristy, before I am kicked off the block for good? Honestly, I know a lot of you follow her but for those of you who don't, I suggest paying her a visit. Your life will instantly feel complete.
7. The Technical Parent- Josh is brilliant, and I have grown to respect him as a person. Not only is he a genius, but he is a beautiful writer as well. This is another blog where it's no secret how much I love it!
8. Kitty Tells It As It Is- Kitty has made me laugh, and she has made me cry. EVERY. SINGLE. post is a work of art. I love her blog as much as I love my own mother. And that's A LOT.
9. Secret Office Confessions- Kate makes me laugh. The kind of laughter where you shoot chocolate milk out of your nose. She never fails to entice me with her story-telling, and I find myself eagerly anticipating the next instalment. For a lovely read about office (and life) shenanigans, visit her! You will not be disappointed!
10. Milkmoon- One of the first blogs I began following. Ciara was given the Blog of Note prestige, and she is one of the few who especially deserve it. She is beautiful, lovely, and her blog never fails to inspire the dickens out of me. Go and check her out. She is a lovely lady and soon to be friend, I guarantee.
Of course a humble thank you and shout out goes to Ally at Tales of A Fourth Grade Nothing, and Lisa Marie at The Domestication of A Party Girl. If you hadn't already received this award ladies, it would be going out to you too!
Whew! This was a long one! But a grateful one. Eternally grateful.
And now Lara Croft, she of the pouty lips and ample bosom, is calling my name.