10 Best Christmas Movies
Guess what guys?? Snow watch 2013 is OVER! It is currently snowing like the dickens out there and this girl couldn't be any happier! The temperature tonight is going to hit -9 Celsius (feel like -18C!!) and it is great to be inside and warm.
Of course for this time of year, especially when it snows (because it doesn't feel like Christmas without snow!), I get all my holiday movie favourites ready to go.
1. Edward Scissorhands- I know this one is a bit strange for a Christmas movie, but it has always been a tradition for me. Love this movie.
2. The Nightmare Before Christmas- When Jack first discovers Christmas Town is the best thing ever. My dream place to live.
3. Home Alone- This one should have been first on my list. Probably my favourite Christmas movie ever, and I HAVE to watch it during the holidays. Sometimes in July too.
4. Dr. Suess' How the Grinch Stole Christmas- classic. I used to watch this every year when I was a kid. I still love it now!
5. A Charlie Brown Christmas- how could you not love the ever annoying, emo Charlie Brown? And his pathetic little tree?
6. Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer- another classic. He is just so frigging cute.
7. A Christmas Carol (the Jim Carrey one)- the computer animation in this film is pretty much my favourite kind of animation. And this story is one of the best.
8. The Polar Express- I only saw this movie for the first time last year. And I fell in love with the season all over again.
9. Mickey's Christmas Carol- equal parts joyous and equal parts depressing.
10. Pluto's Christmas Tree- another one from my childhood. Those rascals!
Bonus!! The Holiday- I saw this one last Christmas when my good friend and co-worker had a movie night at work around Christmas time. There was only three of us, but we played it on a big screen, ordered pizza and drank wine, and it was so much fun. And now this movie is on my favourites list. Be warned...it's a chick flick. But so cute.
Dave and I went out for a walk tonight in the snow, with some Magners, and our pajamas under our clothes. It's moments like these that I live for in the winter. You have to make your own fun, otherwise it's just cold and dark. It's tradition for me to mark the first snowfall of the year somehow...it's special.
I hope wherever you are, you are enjoying life to the fullest!