Creamy Sriracha Mac n' Cheese
So this was probably the BEST mac and cheese I have ever had, and that's saying a lot. I have tried so many types from restaurants, I have attempted to make it myself a few times, and the taste always falls flat.
But THIS sriracha mac n' cheese did not disappoint!!
What you need:
-1/2 pound sturdy pasta (macaroni, or rotelli works)
-2 tablespoons unsalted butter
-2 tablespoons flour
-3/4 cup of milk
-1/2 cup heavy cream
-2/3 cup chicken broth
-1 tablespoon honey mustard
-1/4 cup sriracha
-a pinch of salt
-freshly ground pepper
-3-4 cups of mild or sharp cheddar cheese
1. Prepare your pasta according to the directions on the package (al dente of course!)
2. While pasta is cooking, melt the butter in a saucepan. Sprinkle the flour in and stir until all lumps are gone.
3. Combine the milk, cream and chicken broth in a large measuring cup (or whatever you have) and slowly pour into the saucepan. Stir continuously over medium-high heat until sauce thickens.
4. Stir in the pepper, salt, sriracha and honey mustard. Take saucepan off the heat and stir in the cheese. Stir until smooth and creamy.
5. Pour the cheese sauce over the drained pasta and stir until well coated.
6. Serve and enjoy the spicy goodness!