Summertime To-Do List
Summertime is coming! It has been hot hot hot here! And despite my allergies murdering my soul, I have not minded. It always takes me a week or so to adjust to the warmer temperatures but once I've adjusted, I do love that big old sun of ours. Speaking of the sun, a woman on the bus this morning was teaching her child how to say 'star' and her kid kept saying 'sun!' instead. The woman kept correcting her and I thought, well....technically she isn't wrong....
On to the list. Dave and I try to make a list of things we want to do during the Summertime. This year we have a few old favorites, but also many new adventures we can't wait to go on!
1. Go on a canoe trip- we did this last summer and we had a blast. It was hot, we drank a ton of water and had some snacks and we were still toast by the end of the day. I can't wait to do it again!
2. Go hiking at the Forks of the Credit- we did this hike a couple of years ago in the Springtime when it was still muddy, and we have always wanted to go back in the Summer. It's such a pretty place with loads of trails and waterfalls.
3. Go to Canada's Wonderland- I haven't been since I was 12! I'm pretty sure that's not even the park's name anymore. Still, what a fun adventure that would be....so many rides, so many screaming children!
4. Go to Wasaga Beach- I love Wasaga. I tend to go to Beach 6, far away from the crowds and boardwalk of Beach 1, and spend the day in the water....like the little fish that I am.
5. Go to Sauble Beach- I have never actually been to Sauble Beach, but it's one of Dave's fond childhood memories. He would like to get back there and I'm all for a visit.
6. Go to Toronto Island- we have been many times before, but we love it there. It's so peaceful and pretty.
7. Go to Ripley's Aquarium- we still haven't been and it opened up a while ago here in Toronto! Can't wait for this one!!
8. Go to the Toronto Zoo- Generally I have a rule about this sort of thing (even aquariums) where animals are not in their natural environments. I have not been to a zoo since I was a small child because I felt so bad for them. But, I have a friend who is pretty close to the people at the zoo, and she tells me they are treated wonderfully. So, I am willing to give it another shot. We'll see how it goes!
9. Visit the CN Tower- Can you believe we have both never stepped foot in the CN Tower? It's such a touristy thing to do, but you know what? I'm curious now! So, a planned trip to the most touristy place in downtown Toronto we shall do.
10. Downey's Farm- Of course our Summer would not be complete without a visit to my favorite place for summertime treats and wines...Downey's Farm!
What's on your Summertime to do list?