I thought that since it is going to be STINKING hot here all weekend in Toronto, it would be helpful (and necessary) to make a list of all the ways you can stay cool this summer.
1. Drink plenty of water - whether it's cold or warm, water will drop your body temperature a little bit and will keep you hydrated. Very important when the heat is sucking you dry!
2. Air conditioning - If you can, stay in a home that has air conditioning. No need to go outside if you don't have to! Try to plan ahead on super hot days: buy your groceries the day before, make plans that consist of being indoors, and sit back to enjoy the cool, delicious air.
3. Popsicles - I love popsicles all year round, but they are a staple in the summer heat! Stock up on the sticky treats so that you aren't left wanting when the heat gets the better of you.
4. Visit the pool or the beach - If you have access to either one, go for it! The water will cool you down and make you forget that you are a sweaty beast. Just don't forget your sunscreen!
5. Wear light clothing - nobody wants their clothes to stick to them. So wear fabrics that won't, and wear things that are loose. Your hot bod will thank you for it.
6. Indulge in a cold drink - why not? You deserve it today. Just make sure to chase it with plenty of water...the sugar in soda can dehydrate you more!
7. Stay in the shade - if you have to go outside, do your best to stay in the shade. It is a few degrees cooler there, and hopefully you won't bake to death anyway.
8. Take a nap - naked. With arms and legs splayed so that nothing is touching. Try and time it so that you take a nap during the hottest part of the day...with any luck, you will sleep right through it!
9. Eat light - salads and fruits are your go-to when the weather is hot. Eating heavily will only make you feel sick, so stick to the light fare.
10. Take a cold shower - when all else fails, hop into a cold shower. It will immediately cool you off, and afterwards if you move very little, you can hold onto the coolness for a little while.
And there you have it! Those are all the things that I try to do on those stupidly hot days! I hope that this helped even a little bit, because lord knows it sucks being hot when you don't want to be.
I hope you guys enjoy your weekend! I'll be hanging out with John tomorrow in his air-conditioned house, drinking wine. Maybe I'll throw in some ice cubes, you know, to stay cool.