Death By Snow! And 300th Post!
As I mentioned last night, we were all hunkering down here in Toronto waiting for the GIANT storm of 2011 to hit us overnight. I checked the weather before I went to bed, and there was this long list announcing all the cancellations of schools and community centers and the like. I went and checked outside my window and it looked pretty bad, so I thought we were definitely in for it. I was afraid of what I was going to wake up to in the morning.
Which was not much:
You like my snobby Canadian scoffing at the weather? As if I want more. As if it was a piece of cake walking through all that crap. But really though, it was not all that bad. Here are a couple of pictures so you can see that it REALLY wasn't as much snow as they were calling for:
The night before the storm
The next day. Not much accumulation.
Next day. Pathetic.
See? Not much. I think Toronto just wanted a snow day. Unfortunately, I did not get a snow day. Sigh. But I did have a little snowball throwing fun on the way there:
I am a woman of many talents.
Speaking of talents, this is my 300th post people! Like that segway? I thought you might. I was under the impression that I was going to have these amazing snow pictures to impress the world with, but I don't.
Most memorable moments of this day, on my 300th post:
1. I was over an hour late for work, but no bosses in today. Score!
2. My feet only got a little wet, as opposed to their normal daily soaking. Thanks for that today boots.
3. I had someone say to me, "You used to be a vegetarian eh? Awww....and now you kill animals". Yes, I kill them personally. IDIOT.
4. I believe I clocked 14 almost wipeouts while walking. This is okay though, the muscle mass I tap into in my legs works them even harder. Call me Conan, the snow walking Barbarian.
5. It is now technically nighttime, and my feet are still wet. I am too lazy to get up and put on different socks.
These are the things I will remember the most on this important day of all days. Here's to 300 more!